Claim your tax refund

Get your free no obligation claim pack

This FREE tax rebate estimate is provided by Online Tax Rebates, part of Uniform Benefits – a service dedicated to saving you time and money.

MOD Tax Rebate Claims

You could be owed a £2,500 tax refund for your travel expenses. Bases outside the UK are included, and you might also be able to claim for Mess Dress.

This is a complex claim and we’ve heard reports of some claims being rejected when submitted by inexperienced advisors. For that reason we would like to refer you to our expert partners who have obtained confirmation on the validity of claims both from HMRC and the MOD so you can have peace of mind that your refund is yours to keep when you receive it.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

Have you completed Phase 1 Training?

Have you been posted to a base for 2 years or less? (Excluding tours)

Did you use your own vehicle or public transport to get to those bases?

Based on the information you provided above, you won't be able to make a claim at this time.

Based on a sample of past refunds we have obtained matching the details you have provided:

Largest refund received: £-

Average refund received: £-


Total claims


Successful claims

< 2

Minutes to claim

What our customers think

Each tax year will be recalculated if you enter a claim. This often identifies other overpayments due to incorrect tax codes, multiple employments, ceasing of job, etc. In these cases we can identify a much larger tax rebate. We regularly identify rebates of over £1,000 for customers who were originally estimated a lower amount.

If you claim now you will receive tax relief for the current tax year and future years that allowances continue to apply, paid through your monthly pay. The value of this is usually £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

You don’t need to make any upfront payment to us in order for us to check if you are due a rebate.

We will ensure that your current year reliefs are correct and that your future year allowances are adjusted in line with the current year to ensure you are no longer being overtaxed. There will be no charge for this service.

The annual saving of £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year for the current and future years will not be subject to charge. You will receive this automatically in your pay once your tax code has been adjusted.

We will also check the earlier years to determine if you can claim back any previously overpaid tax. HMRC will pay any rebate due directly to us and we will forward payment to you, in due course, net of our deductions of 28%, plus VAT, where due, providing the net refund payment is £20 or more.

We will issue your refund through our Uniform Benefits payment card which you can withdraw cash on at a cashpoint or spend in shops or online like a normal debit card. If you use your card at selected retailers you can also earn additional cashback to continue to spend.

MOD Claim | About you

Select the tax years when you were employed in the specified sector
Do you or your accountant already prepare a self-assessment tax return?

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership?

As you are not UK resident we will need to refer your claim to our specialist partners who will be able to assess & process your claim. When you click 'Next >' below, we will forward your details and a specialist advisor will be in touch shortly.


Have you paid subscriptions to any of the following? You can select a maximum of 10 here.

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner,

Self Assessment Taxpayers

You could have overpaid tax by £{{ App.CustomerClaim.EstimatedClaim }} if the tax relief you listed was not claimed on your earlier returns.

As you are already within self assessment we would like to send you details of a highly competitive self assessment service from one of our expert partners. They can correct omissions in your earlier tax returns and ensure your annual returns are submitted on time every year, saving you a lot of stress and making sure you only pay the tax you need to.

Going forward the correct allowances applied to each annual return could save you £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

About you

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Please sign in the box below using your finger or your mouse

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Thandi Nicholls Limited Chartered Accountants

Confirm your details

About your last 3 jobs

Enter details of your last 3 jobs in the past 5 years.

Job {{index+1}} (optional)


Final Details

In order to process your claim we will need your National Insurance Number and your phone number.
National Insurance Number (eg AA 123456 B)


Please fill in the details of your selected subscriptions. Suggested subscription payments are based on typical rates. Edit these if your payments were different.

{{ sub.Name }}
{{ ty.Name }}


Please fill in the details of any other relevant expenses. A maximum total of 10 subscriptions and expenses can be added. You have already added {{ CustomerClaimSubscriptionsEnabled.length }} subscription(s) and {{ App.CustomerClaim.Expenses.length }} expense(s).

{{ ty.Name }}

Thanks! You have completed your claim

Your unique claim reference is OTR{{ App.CustomerClaim.ClaimId }}

Please make a note of this reference or print this page as you will need your claim number if you return later to download your claim documents.

You will have been sent an email to confirm your documents have been generated, but for security reasons we do not send your documents by email.

IMPORTANT – we will keep you up to date about the progress of your claim by email. Please do the following to ensure you receive our emails:

  1. Check your email now to see if you have received an email from us.
  2. If no email is there please check your 'spam' and 'promotions' folders and move any email from us to your main inbox.

Your claim documents will be automatically sent to you by post. You should receive them within 2 weeks.

In order to progress your claim you MUST complete the ALL the documents we send you and post them as described on the checklist you will receive. Failure to return the documents relating to your claim will result in your claim not being processed.

If you wish to cancel your claim please visit this link.

Quick Estimate - Find out how much you could get

Tax Rebates for Doctors and Surgeons


How would you react if you were told that you may be overpaying tax in the order of hundreds of pounds? Many doctors, surgeons and other healthcare workers may be in exactly that position, due to a lack of awareness about their entitlement to claim tax relief for employment-related expenses.

As a medical professional, you are likely to be paying at least several hundred pounds a year in professional fees – including your annual General Medical Council fee and British Medical Association subscription. Depending on your medical specialism, you may also be paying fees to other professional bodies such as the Royal College of General Practitioners or the Royal College of Physicians.

What many doctors and other healthcare workers may not realise is that certain expenses – including professional and union fees – incurred in connection with your employment are eligible for tax relief from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). In short, that means that if you haven’t specifically claimed for these deductions, then you may be paying too much tax to HMRC each year.

Expenses that may be eligible for tax relief include:

  • General Medical Council (GMC) registration and annual retention fees
  • British Medical Association (BMA) subscription fees
  • Specialist royal college, society and association membership fees, including:
    • Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP)
    • Royal College of Physicians of London (RCP)
    • Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE)
    • Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS)
    • Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
    • Royal College of Pathologists (RCPath)
    • Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland (SCTS)
    • British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)

 The above list is by no means exhaustive, and your individual eligibility may depend on whether or not your employer already has an arrangement in place whereby they engage with HMRC directly to obtain these reliefs on behalf of their employees.

Other expenses may also be liable for tax relief under HMRC rules, such as fees incurred in connection with mandatory employment-related training. In 2013 the RCSEd negotiated with HMRC to make registration fees paid by surgical trainees to the Joint Committee on Surgical Training (JCST) tax deductible. The tax authority’s decision to make training-related registration fees eligible for tax relief also covers fees paid to the Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB).

It’s especially important for trainee and junior doctors to be aware of their entitlements to tax relief. The early years of your medical career often represent a period of considerable financial expenditure, and as many medical students are now graduating with increasing levels of debt, it makes sound financial sense to get to grips with your tax relief rights so you can be sure you’re not paying more than you need to.

HMRC rules on tax deductible expenditure aren’t always straightforward, but it’s worth taking the time to understand which expenses you may be able to claim against. Even laundry costs for workplace uniforms can be claimed, yet many medical professionals never take the time or effort to seek a tax rebate. With many doctors and surgeons potentially overpaying hundreds of pounds in tax each year, the question is: can you afford not to make a claim?

How to claim?

If you enter your details through the estimator and you can make get the forms a make a claim easily within 5 minutes:


Customer Testimonials

Click On An Image To Find Out More